Psychological Safety Training and Workshops
Developing and facilitating implementation teams is a big part of my work. The Train the Trainer offered by Tom Geraghty was an incredible opportunity to learn how to foster psychological safety within these teams. I appreciated the knowledge and skill building Tom so generously shared with us. Attending the Train the Trainer will absolutely make a difference in my work supporting transformative change in public systems. I would recommend it to anyone working in a team environment – which I think is everyone!Allison Metz, Ph.D. Professor of the Practice and Director of Implementation Practice, UNC Chapel Hill
Open Enrolment: Virtual 2-hr Psychological Safety “Practice Masterclass” sessions. Find out more and book online here.
Contact me to find out more about training and workshops (delivered online by default, but in-person is possible) to help you:
- Build psychological safety in your teams or organisations.
- Excite your leadership and management teams about the benefits of psychological safety.
- Measure and survey psychological safety across your organisation or within teams.
- Create organisational plans and programmes for improving and maintaining psychological safety.
- Skill up your managers to become excellent leaders of high performing teams
- Enable your trainers and coaches to become confident and competent in delivering psychological safety workshops and training.
- Use and apply the Psychological Safety Action Pack with teams to measure, build and maintain psychological safety
Available workshops & training include:
- “Ignite” 🔥 Leadership sessions to introduce the topic and build enthusiasm for taking it further and/or developing a full programme. This helps leaders to see the huge opportunity in front of them. 30 minutes to 2 hours. Target audience: senior leadership, boards, management teams.
- “Impact” 🛠 Team workshop sessions to learn about psychological safety as well as experiencing one or more psychological safety exercises, to build psychological safety in the group. Duration 2-4 hours. Target audience: new and existing teams (3-20 people).
- “Management Masterclass” 🏆 For new and existing leaders and managers to build on their existing expertise and learn management practices and skills to build psychologically safe, high performing teams.
- “Train the Trainer” 🏋️♀️ sessions. Based around the Action Pack, with additional content and practices to enable participants to carry out workshops, training sessions and run entire organisational programmes themselves. Duration: 2-4 hours (potentially split into multiple sessions). Target audience: experienced trainers, managers or people enthusiastic to learn how to facilitate psychological safety training and workshops. Two versions are available, depending on participants prior experience and knowledge of psychological safety.
- “Deep dive” 📚 immersive psychological safety sessions: for the enthusiasts and the geeks. We dive into the concepts, applications, theory, as well as learning organisations, resilience engineering and more. 4-8 hours over 2-4 days. Target audience: anyone with an existing understanding of psychological safety and and associated topics.
Curious how you could run retrospectives, “blameless” incident reviews, postmortems or similar with your teams? I facilitate a workshop to learn how to build this muscle with your teams, through working on the theory and practicing a real-world scenario.
⚡️Organisational Transformation Programmes⚡️
Work with me to develop a long-term organisation transformation programme, utilising all the above sessions, creation of a transformation strategy and action plan (including measurement surveys and analytics) to measure, create and embed psychological safety and resilience across your organisation.
If you’re interested in measuring and surveying psychological safety in your organisation, I can also help you design, administer and analyse the survey.
All workshops and sessions are available in any timezone, and anywhere in the world with an internet connection!
Retainers and 1-1 coaching and mentoring sessions and programs are also available, and if there’s something you need that isn’t listed, get in touch and we’ll see what we can put together!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a chat, find out more and discuss how I can help you achieve your goals.
Current and past clients:
Current and past clients include multinational corporations, local government, healthcare and education, including:
- Warner Music Group
- Epping Forest District Council
- Health and Social Care Northern Ireland
- Ormiston Sir Stanley Matthews Academy
- Talk MH Training
- General Electric
- Zurich Insurance
- And others
This is a 2 hour workshop that includes the foundations of psychological safety theory and history, together with multiple interactive exercises & workshops and practices that you can use with your own teams or in your own workshops.
It’s designed to be applicable to any industry, from technology to healthcare, local government to education.
Date: 23 May
Time is usually: 3pm UK (BST) time. (10:00 EDT, 7:00 PDT, 14:00 CET)
We cover the following aspects of psychological safety:
- The history of psychological safety, theory, research and evidence.
- The benefits and outcomes of increasing psychological safety in teams.
- How to measure and build it in long and short-lived teams (and the dangers of measurement).
- Multiple workshops and practices that you can run with your own teams or clients.
- The structure and application of the Action Pack and how to use the tools and practices in it.
- By the end of the course, attendees will have a good grounding in the concepts of psychological safety, as well as confidence in running interactive exercises and workshops focussed on psychological safety.
You’ll retain access to the training materials from the session, and as part of the training, you will also receive a copy of the Psychological Safety Action Pack, and a licence to use it commercially.
Delivered online via Zoom, we will use a Google Jamboard to collaborate and learn together.
Prices are as below:
£50 if you are unwaged, live in a lower-income country, or work for a registered non-profit.
£150 if you are paying for this yourself as an individual.
£280 if your organisation is meeting the costs (whether it’s your own business, claiming on expenses as an employee, or using a training budget).
If you need to cancel or postpone, simply do so 24 hours before the session for a full refund / postponement to a following session.
For further information, email email@example.com.
Attendees will receive a certificate of completion to confirm attendance.